July 30, 2010

Featured Minnesota Book Author


Meet Little Wonder...

What INSPIRED you to start your company?

I was inspired to start Little Wonder Company when my nephew received a personalized children's book for his first birthday. The book was given to him from his great grandfather and included a sweet inscription commemorating the day. I thought it was one of the most special and meaningful gifts and I was really moved by the experience.
I began researching the company who created that book, found out it was started by a mom and became intrigued. I thought about what it would be like to start and run my own business. I wanted more control over my schedule. I wanted more time with my children. I wanted to do something I loved. I wanted to do something creative. Then one night when my twins were 3, I was reading a different personalized book to my son. The story was about him and some of the Sesame Street characters. His name was in the story, but only their pictures were included, not his. And then he asked me, "Where am I in the story, Mommy?" And something just clicked! I thought, wouldn't it be cool if we could create personalized books where not only is the child included in name and in words, but their actual likeness is included too? So they could actually see themselves in their books! And I was off and running...

Tell me a little about Little Wonder-

I launched Little Wonder Company last December. We launched with two hard cover storybooks, Little Girl Wonder and Little Boy Lightning, each about a child who turns into the superhero that he or she reads about. Our website features our character creator, which allows our customers to choose physical attributes that resemble the child for whom they create the book. I love what I do, I feel fortunate to have the opportunity and support to do what I do. And I love hearing about children who love their books! To me, that's what it is all about!

littlewondercompany.com

1 comment:

linda said...

wow, the cakes! and everything on here. Amazing colors.

Post a Comment